ARUNACHAL VIKAS PARISHAD, ITANAGAR
(Report of activities under taken from 15 November 2009 to 04 February 2011)
1. Annual General Meeting: - The 18th Annual general body meeting of the society was held on 15th November 2009 at the premises of Bharat scouts and Guides, Naharlagun. 39 members including Special invitees attended the meeting. All India Joint General Secretary of Kalyan Ashram Shri Kripa Prasad Singh and South Zone Sangathan Mantri Ma Ramchandraiahjee was also present in the meeting. Audited statement of 2008-2009 and Budget of 2009-2010 were passed in the meeting.
2. District Committee formation: Formation of AVP District committees is completed in 15 districts except 4 districts namely Tawang, Kurung kumey, Tirap and Namsai.
3. Circles Committee formation: Circle committees have been formed and reconstituted in last year. Circle committees meeting were held at Khonsa, Deomali, Changlang, Kharsang, Bordumsa, Basar, Baririjo, Dumporijo, Taliaha, Daporijo, Puchigeko, Koloriang, Seppa, Chhayangtajo, Merem, Ruksin, Mebo, Pashighat, and Naharlagan which were attended by Shri Ramesh Babu, Organising Secretary AVP.
4. State Conference: - State conference of AVP was held at Ziro on 23rd to 25th April 2010. 502 delegates from 69 circles of 16 Districts of Arunachal Pradesh and Dhemaji District of Assam participated in the conference. 229 delegates were women. Shri Padi Richo Honorable Parliamentary Secretary inaugurated the conference and Shri Tako Dabi Hon’ble Home Minister was the Chief Guest of concluding function where Smti Sadhana Deori, D. C. of Lower Subansiri district was Guest of Honour. Colorful procession, felicitation of priests, reporting of activities by district representatives, discourse by resource persons, cultural programme etc. were the highlights of the programme. 14 tribal groups of Arunachal participated in the programme. Shri Gunvant Singh Kothari, General Secretary ABVKA, Shri Atul Jog, Shri Nabam Atum, Shri Augung Bengia, General Secretary IFCSAP, other state level office bearers and Shri Tabin Karlo Senior priest of AP were the main resource persons.
5. Fulltime workers Training camp: - Training camp for AVP workers were held on 26th to 29th April 2010 in the premises of higher secondary School, Hapoli. 48 workers participated in the camp. Shri Atul Jog, Surya Narayan Suri and Ms. Phulmayi Swargyari were the resource persons in the training camp.
6. Balwadi Teachers Training Camp: Balwadi teachers training camps were held at Gunanagar and Daporijo. 70 workers attended in the training programmes.
7. Aayam Pramukhs’ Sammelan : 9 workers from Arunachal Pradesh attended the National level workshop organized for state level Aayam Pramukh(AVP Departmental head) at Jabalpur on 25th to 27th June 2010 by ABVKA.
8. Pragat Varga (Advanced training course for Workers):- A Pragat varga for the workers who have completed Parichaya Varga last year was held at MDTC Doimukh wef 5th July to 14th July 2010. 45 workers participated in the camp. Shri Harsha Chouhan, Dr. Krishna Gopal jee, Shri Sumant Amshekhar, Shri Atul Jog and others state level office bearers were the resource persons.
9. Parichaya Varga ( Introductory camp):- Parichaya varga for the workers were organized at district level . This year 8 camps were organized to train the grassroot level workers. The details are as follows:-
SL. Place Districts Nos. of participants
1. Seppa East Kameng, West Kameng, 24
2. Kharsang Tirap, Changlang 35
3. Daporijo Upper Subansiri 76
4. Ziro Lower Subansiri 46
5. Yingkiong Upper Siang 62
6. Jirdin West Siang,Lower Siang 90
7. Dhemaji Dhemaji 21
8. Pasighat East Siang 12 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
10. ABVKA conference: Zonal Conference of ABVKA was held at Dimapur from 17 to 18 December 2010. 8 workers from Arunachal Pradesh attended the conference under the leadership of our President Shri Nabam Atum.
1. Arunodaya 2010:- AVP under took a tour programme to Kerala wef 5th January2010 to 19th January 2010. There were 112 members in the team which include 37 women. 80% of the members were Govt. employees. Places visited in Kerala by the entire team together were Trivandrum Kanyakumari, Tellichery and Mysore. At Trivandrum a sitting with Ma: P. Parammeswarji was held at Sanskriti Bhawan. At Tellichery Bhaskar Rao Smarak Mandir inaugural programme was attended by the delegates. Ma: R. Hariji inaugurated the Prakalp. The team was divided into 17 groups and visited 17 talukas and stayed at the local host families. They visited various places.
2. Seemant Darshan Yatra:- Semanta Darshan Yatra organized by Arunachal Vikas Parishad to visit border Villages of Tibet to study the living condition of the people, Chinese intrusion in Indian Territory and to have one to one, hut and heart to contact with the people in the frontier. The Yatra commenced on 11th February 2010when Shri Deepak Mishra, IGP of Arunachal Pradesh flagged off it at the conference hall of Vidyut Bhawan, Itanagar. 9 diffirent teams visited Sarali (Kurung Kumey), Taksin (Upper Subansiri) Mechuka and Mani Gaon (West Siang), Geiling (Upper Siang) Mepi and Acheso Valley (Dibang Valley) and Chaglogam, Goiliang and Kebito (Anjaw).
All the teams have completed their task of visiting the last village in the Border areas even though heavy rainfall and snow fall obstructed their journey. Altogether 78 Villages have been covered by 9 teams comprising 97 members.
National flag hoisting, Oath taking, distribution of portrait of Bharat Mata, various strikers with patriotic slogans, C.Ds of patriotic songs and booklet on “Imperialist China” were the other highlights of the tour.
The teams visited in the border villages have collected much sensitive information’s from the villagers.
3. Mahila Chetana Shibir:- Mahila chetana Shivir on circles level were held on 12 places namely:- Jonai, Kolajan, Gogamukh, Dumparijo, Talia, Chetam, Itanagar,Kharsang , Bordumsa, Deomali, Silato, Khonsa, Total 540 women participated in the camps
4. Youth Awareness Camps:- Youth awareness camps for youth where both boys and girls have participated were held at Dodum jona, Tamin, Yazali, Koloriang,and Holangi. Total 188 youths had attended the camps.
5. Rakshabandhan celebration: - Raksha Bandhan Festival was widely celebrated at circles, district and project places during the year. About 50000 Rachis and 5000 messages were distributed during this programmed . ( Detail report to be collected)
6. Sampark Abhiyan: - A V P workers in association with IFCSAP conducted house to house contact programme from 1st December2010 (Birth day of Talom Rukboji) to 31st December2010 (the Indigenous Faith day). (Detail report to be collected)
1. Health project:-
a. Medical camps: -67 medical camps have been organized during this period in the various parts of Arunachal Pradesh.
Nos. of Camps: 67 Nos. of villages; 400 Nos. of patients : 8320
b. Village health workers :- 100 village health workers are actively engaged in medical activities as well as organizational work. About 250 villages are being covered by these health workers at regular interval of various districts. 25569 Person have been benefited by these Village health workers
2. Educational projects:
a. Balwadis : 44 Balwadis are running in various district and about 2200 students are studying in these Balwadis.
b. Schools : There are one middle school at Raga and two primary School at Tezu and Yinkiong. About 500 students are imparting value base education from AVP schools.
c. Students in Hostels::-Arunachal Vikas Parishad used to send children for education in the hostels run by Like-minded organization outside the state. At present number of students studying out side are ITITI Dehradun-16 boys, Vanvasi Kalyan Ashram, Bhiwani-6 boys, Seva Samarpan Sansthan, Kanpur-6 boys, Seva Samarpan Sansthan, Gorakhpur—8 boys, Seva prakalp Sansthan, Rudrapur-6 girls, Rashtra Sevika Samiti,Nagpur-7 girls, Vanvasi Vikas Samiti, Raipur-7 girls, Surbhi Sansthan Vanarashi -33 girls and 23 boys, Delhi 4 boys Farukhabad- 1 boy, and Sharanpur-6 boys. Total 70 boys and 53 girls from 115 villages.
d. Bal Vikas Kendra :- There are weakly Bal Vikas Kendra are running AVP. One day programme for 5 Bal Vikas Kendra was held on 2nd January2011 at Satguria village in Lekhang circle of Lohit District. 120 students and 100 parents attended the programme.
3. Relief Works: Blanket have been distributed to flood victims in Anjaw District
4. Cultural Activities:
a. Felicitation to priests:103 priests were felicitated at Ziro and 30 priests have felicitated at Daporijo
b. Donation to Cultural Halls: 19 new cultural centers have been constructed during the year in Arunachal Pradesh. Slowly the awareness towards concept of weekly meet to gather and need of constructing cultural centers are increasing among the people. A special attempt will be made to evaluate the activity and role of these Centers to strengthen the organizational set up and also to consolidate the cultural life of the people.
5. Sports Activities: Archery and KHO KhO competition held at Tezu and Yazali Selected players of the archery and KHO KHO team participated in National level competition held at Solen (Himachal Pradesh)
6. Economic Development : Cultivation of citronella and turmeric has been launched in in the nrear by villages of Pasighat Dryer has been setup at Pasighat central Ganggin. Goatery also have been set up some village.
1. Janjati work shop at Guwahati : A works shop was organised on 22-24 October 2010 at Guwahati on the theme “ Philpsophy and Sprituality of the Eternal primordial religion and Culture of the Janjati people of North East Bharat” under the aegis og Janjati Surasha. 262 delegates from 8 states participated in the conference. Guru Rinpoche Chief Abbott of Tawang Buddhist Monastery was the Chief Guest of the concluding function. Altogether 72 delegates from Arunachal participated the programme. Shri. Nabam Atum, Shri. Tajom Tasung, Shri Kaling Borang,, Shri. Augung Bengia, , Shri K K Lumpul, Shri.L. Khimhun, Shri. Amaso Khamblai, , Shri. Soblum Pul, , Shri.D.T, Taba were the prominent tribal leaders who participated in the conference
2. Heritage Explorer: A special campaign was organized to enhance the subscription ship of Heritage Explorer which carries the news related to our idealism. During this Subscription drive our workers could achieve the mark of 1100 copies so far.
3. Adhikari Pravas Chandrakant Devjee, All India Sah Vyavastha Pramukh of ABVKA visited Arunachal from 13th to 29th October 2010 as a part of extensive tour programme organised by ABVKA. He visited Ruskin, pasighat , Yingkiong, Along, Jordan, , Daporijo, , Raga, Ziro, Itanagar, Tezu, Changlang, Kharsang and held meeting with grass-root workers. District and Circle level workers attended in the baithak held at the places mentioned above. He also attended in Parichaya varga at Yingkiong and Jirdin and gave suggestions and advice to the workers.
At last, but not least, I would like to mention that entire activity of Arunachal Vikas Parishad are conducted depending upon the donation received from public. Among them the contribution getting from ABVKA Mumbai, Purvanchal Kalyan Ashram Kolkota, and Gujrat Vanvasi Kalyan Parishad are worth mentioning. Other contributors from individuals donor are also praiseworthy. I would like to express my thanks to those donors who have contributed to help us for the activities we under took for the welfare of Janjati people of Arunachal al Pradesh. We appeal for their contribution in the future course of time too.
Date : 05.02.2011